I recently read this article on 10 don’t miss tax breaks form CNN. If you didn’t already do your taxes this is a list of the 10 tax breaks you don’t want to miss. If you use software to file your taxes like Turbo Tax or Tax Cut then you shouldn’t worry too much because they software will help you get what ever deductions can get.
1. Phone Tax Refund – $30 – $60 Credit, Easy to claim this if you paid a phone bill or cell phone bill from March 1, 2003 to July 31, 2006
2. Energy Efficiency Credits – If you installed a solar water heater or even energy efficient windows you can receive a tax credit
3. Child Care Tax Credit – If you work full-time and pay for child care you can get a pretty hefty credit.
4. Retirement Savings Credit – You must have a AGI less than $25,00 and invested in a Retirement account.
5. Self Employment Saving Deduction
6. Work Related Job Expenses Deductions – Phone, Magazines, Books, Association membership, Job Interview Material
7. State Tax Deduction
8. Tuition Expense Deduction
9. Real Estate Tax Deduction
10 529 Savings Deduction
CNN Money Top 10 Tax Deductions
Technorati Tags: tax, mrcheapstuff