Walmart Return Policy – Submitted by Sandra
If you buy something at Walmart and then it goes on sale, they will refund the difference in the price back to you. Customer service says that if you have your receipt, they will then give you the difference in cash or you can return the item and rebuy it at the lower price. I haven’t tried this after more than 30 day.
Gifts For Everyday people that are Great but Cost Less – Submitted by Sandra
1. Giving a gift of money can seem inappropriate unless done correctly: Savings bonds can be purchased in different
denominations. Personalize the gift by adding a note that shows thought given to the receiver. “I know you have always dreamed of going to Hawaii – here’s a start.”
2. Gift baskets can be so enjoyable but inexpensive: If you have a wine lover, give a nice bottle of wine, wrapped in a
napkin and two wine glasses nestled into a lovely basket. Think about the person who will be receiving the basket and make it appropriate.
3. What about a plant? They are loved everywhere by most everyone. One of the nicest gifts I ever received was a fairly inexpensive plant in a coffee cup with a spoon, for my office desk. I am a notorious coffee hound and one of my co-workers remembered. These can be dressed up or down depending on the situation.
4. What about gift certificates? A dinner out can be the most fantastic busy mother’s gift. Movie tickets and restaurant certificates can make a memory they will remember came from you.
5. Is there a cook on your list? You can get inexpensive herb gardens that grow right in the kitchen that would thrill most home cooks. How about some new pot holders along with a new gadget or two all wrapped up in a bright new dish towel?
6. My daughter got a great gift last year that cost the giver less that $30. It was a Ladies tool set…smaller that the type most men would use. She just loved it as her husband did……no more hunting for his tools.
7. Do you have a book or magazine lover? Give a subscription to their favorite magazine. Books……..find out their favorite
author and get several books along with a nice tea and a cute little cup.
8. What about photos? Make an album or get a favorite photo screen printed onto a special tee shirt. One of the nicest ideas I saw with presentation was a frame with the photo inside, wrapped in the tshirt. When they saw the photo also on the tee, they were completely surprised.
9. I remember the year I gave one of my daughters a cookbook of my favorite recipes. My other two daughters wanted one too, even though they didn’t cook. They wanted it just because it had been mine and it was food they ate growing up. I was surprised.
10.Coffee mugs loaded with chocolates, cocoa mix, nice teas, specialty coffees or whatever suits the occasion. Add a package of butter cookies. Tie with curly ribbon and attach a card. YUM