Amazon has long been considered an Internet industry leader in terms of being able to offer consumer a variety of merchandise that they didn’t have to leave their houses to retrieve. From books to music to movies and more, you could simply click on order and have gifts, necessities and more delivered directly to your home, without ever having to leave your couch.
And the site has done it again with the release of the Kindle Wireless Reading Device. Amazon’s Kindle allows you download books and other reading materials to a wireless device that features an electronic display. The idea behind the device is to allow customers to purchase a book and have it immediately downloaded to the Kindle device less than a minute later. This cutting edge technology is the latest carefully thought out and marketed personal device available to savvy consumers. However, with any new product, there are pros and cons to using it.
- It is specially designed to work in an ambidextrous capacity, meaning both left and right handed people would be comfortable using it.
- The device is completely wireless, which means you don’t have to worry about any cables, plugs, etc.
- There are close to 100,000 titles available for download, meaning book options are plentiful.
- The price of the books are fairly cheap, with most titles coming it at around $10, which is actually cheaper than a lot of traditional-style books.
- You can sample the books, getting to read the first chapters for free before you decide whether or not to make a purchase.
- Although it is being touted as being as easy to read as reading paper, it is still another computer screen causing your eyes to get bleary after an extended amount of time.
- Most people still enjoy the feel of a paper book between their fingers. This electronic device replaces the traditional book for what essentially amounts to a mini-computer.
- Although there are a large number of books available for Kindle, you still can’t just get any title you want just yet.
- The battery life is fairly long, however, you do still have a somewhat limited time to use the device because at some point, it’s inevitable, the battery will die.
Of course, the only way to know whether a new product is right for you is to try it yourself. You may find that some of the pros and cons work differently for you.