What would you say to home phone service for $20 per year, with International calls as low as $.02 a minute…what…that's crazy talk…no that's a license to talk crazy!
Magicjack.com offers home phone service for $20.00 a year…YES a year! No more monthly bills plus a free 30 day trial. Click here and sign up. Your magicjack is mailed to you via good ol' United States Postal Service within 1 week. When you receive your package you get exactly what it says a "magic" jack. Here's the magic part: 1) plug the jack into your PC or Mac 2) register on-line (registration time less than 3 minutes) to receive your phone # and activate your jack 3) CALL EVERYONE YOU KNOW!
Listen, I had the same reservations as some of you probablly have reading this, but it works. We've had ours for 20 days and it's just like what our normal home phone service was, without the bill. After the 30 days we will be charged $39.95 plus shipping ($6.95 to MO could be higher in AK and HI, sorry Dean). $20 for the jack and $20 for our first year of phone service or the first years 'license'.
You're probably toying with the notion of going totally mobile, and we have been totally mobile for the past 2 years, but our circumstances have changed a bit which prompted us to re-order home phone service. After researching at&t, skype, vonage, etc. magicJack was THE best deal, hands down.
- You have free local and long distance service to anyone including land lines, mobile lines, etc. whether they have a magicJack or not. You can call anyone within the United States and Canada…anytime…unlimited…no restrictions, no limits.
- International Calling, do you have family or friends outside of the US and Canada? If you do, you can send them a magicJack and call eachother free, unlimited, no restrictions. OR, you can call for as little as 2 cents a minute, depending on what International location. No more calling cards to buy and no more ridiculous phone bills. I have family in South Korea and that last time we talked before magicJack my bill was $37.00 for 25 minutes, thanks to AT&T. That same phone call if I had magicJack would have cost me 50 cents. I can find 50 cents in my couch!
- You have free Caller ID and Call Waiting. You have a small window that you can minimize or leave up on your PC to let you know who is calling. You can accept or reject calls by simply hitting Accept or Reject.
- You have free Voicemail. You can call in to your voicemail anytime, anywhere and check your voicemail messages, plus it e-mails you to the e-mail address you enter in your account information when you first register. The e-mail simply states that you have a voicemail, it gives you the duration time of the voicemail and it also gives you the number from which the voicemail came from! So at the office, you can receive e-mail notifications or check your voicemail manually. Genius!
- Your phone # is your # for LIFE! Which means if I pick up and move back home to Colorado from St. Louis, I can keep my phone #, area code and all. Being self-employed, it's perfect, absolutely perfect!
- Another perk, you register your phone # with your local 911 Service, it takes anywhere from 24-72 hours for it to register and you have the peace of mind of having 911 Service from your home!
- You can use your phone, any phone, cordless, cord, whatever you have! You do not have to purchase their phone (magicJack does not have phones to sell) or a special phone compatible with the jack. Every phone works!
- You do have to plug your Jack into your PC or Mac and your computer has to be on in order to make and receive phone calls.
- We've recently had lots of spring rain and flooding in the St. Louis area and I did notice our phone service was a little spotty at times, but for about 3 days of minor inconvenience. The rain has subsided and we've had no problems since then.
I don't know about you, but I think the PROS outweight the CONS! I've already turned 8 people that I talk with on a regular basis to magicJack and the ones who have it love it, the others are anxiously waiting! Any questions you have, just post them in Comments and I'll answer them personally.