Like most women, I have to manage my beauty addiction to be able to stay on a budget. Luckily, there are lots of excellent beauty bargains that will make your skin smooth and your face beautiful. Here’s our list of ten fantastic products which total under $50 for all of them put together – less than you could spend for just one high-priced face cream. You can easily find these products at most drugstores, or try Drugstore.com, using this Mr. Cheap Stuff coupon to save even more.
1. Vaseline (or store brand) petroleum jelly. There is no shortage of creative beauty-related uses for this common household product. Use it as a moisturizer, especially for dry cuticles, elbows and feet. Use it as a lip balm. Put a thin coat on your eyelashes before bedtime to make them strong and shiny. Use a small dab to groom eyebrows. $4.50 for a 13 oz. jar.
2. Cetaphil facial cleanser. This product is the number one recommended dermatologist-recommended brand. It’s completely non-alkaline, non-comedogenic (doesn’t clog pores), and fragrance free. It’s extremely gentle and won’t irritate your skin; and it leaves your face soft and smooth. $8 for an 8 oz pump bottle.
3. Aloe Vera gel. Aloe vera is traditionally touted for helping soothe burns, cuts and irritations, but it also makes a great, oil-free, refreshing moisturizer, especially nice in warmer weather but good anytime. I put it on my face for a smoother, more glowing look before applying makeup. You also can use this as a shaving gel. Get the kind marked “100% pure aloe vera gel”; it usually comes in a clear tube or pump bottle. About $4 for a 6 oz tube.
4. Cocoa butter. If it’s made from chocolate, it’s got to be good, right? Cocoa butter is a rich body moisturizer, smells luscious, and also is well known as a stretch mark treatment for pregnant women. About $4.50 for a 4 oz tube.
5. Maybelline Great Lash mascara. Numerous beauty magazines and surveys choose Great Lash as the best inexpensive mascara. Many Hollywood makeup artists use it too. For about $5, you get lovely lashes with no clumps.
6. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick. This product got me to swear off those expensive department store brands. For about $8, Super Lustrous looks great, feels moist, lasts for hours, and comes in dozens of dazzling shades, so you’re sure to find one that suits you.
7. e.l.f. Natural Radiance Blush. For the measly sum of $1.50, you get a nice, long-lasting blush in four useful shades of pink, peach, plum or bronze.
8. Wet ‘n Wild Kohl Eyeliner. A mere $1.50, this pencil will smoothly line your eyes while going easy on your budget.
9. Maybelline Express Finish 50-second Nail Color. I think I’ve tried every nail polish out there, and most of them smudge before they’re dry, and they chip after a day or two. Not this one. For under $3.50, This polish really dries quickly, and will last a solid week if you’re reasonably careful.
10. Revlon ColorStay eyeshadow. Each kit has four coordinated shades ranging from dark to light, and like the name promises, the color lasts all day without creasing. Lots of different color palettes; my favorites are Copper Spice and Lavender Meadow. Under $7.
Photo Credit via Flickr