February is a fantastic month to score some sweet deals. Valentine’s Day is over and the winter is winding down, so there are bargains abounding, especially with seasonal items.
Now is the time to whip out that credit or debit card and save before the spring merchandise takes over.
Here are seven sweet cheap deals you can find this month.
1. Chocolate. Find those heart-shaped boxes at half price. These will move off the shelves fairly quickly at the brick-and-mortar stores, but you might find them a little longer online. Ghirardelli makes excellent chocolates and you can find some great deals starting at just $6 and up.
Prefer cookies? Try Newman’s Own Organic Newman-O’s at Drugstore.com. Who cares if you have a sweetheart or not? Buy these delicious goodies to treat yourself.
2. Flowers. Another excellent deal to be found in the second half of February. You know those dozen roses that cost you (or your honey) a mint on February 14? They’re dirt-cheap now. Try our coupon for 1800FLOWERS. They’ve slashed prices on red roses and many other beautiful bouquets.
3. Fragrances. Snap up those fancy gift sets for yourself, or stash them away for a later gift-giving occasion. Check your local department store or cosmetic store, or try Fragrance.net. Not every fragrances is discounted, so check carefully. Just because they’re all on the same shelf doesn’t mean they’re all on sale. Usually the discounted scents are the overstocked popular ones, or on the other hand, a scent that didn’t sell very well.
4. Jewelry. Prime jewelry-giving season (Christmas and Valentine’s Day) is over now . So retailers need to figure out how to move out all those diamond earrings and other goodies. Personally, I like to shop for nicer jewelry in person rather than online. I think it’s important to see what the piece looks like, how it’s made, and whether it’s authentic metal or gems. That said, you can still find nice jewelry online if you prefer.
Zales started a big sale with an extra 30% off clearance while supplies last. Costume (cheaper) jewelry can be found everywhere, in-store and online, and there are some really nice things at some of the popular women’s stores such as Forever 21 or Banana Republic, as well as your local boutiques, too.
5. Clothing. Moving on to the non-Valentine’s bargains, now is the perfect time to pounce on winter clothing deals. Need a coat, hat, gloves or boots? Now is the time. By March, most of this merchandise will be gone, as retailers make room for spring and Easter clothes. One of my favorite stops is Endless.com; I just scored some fabulous leopard-print boots at a fraction of their usual price.
6. Electronics. Need a DVD player, computer or digital camera? February is a perfect month. Most makers announced their new models at the annual International Consumer Electronics Show in January. So right now, you can grab last year’s models at a big discount. Try our coupons for Dell, Buy.com and NewEgg.
7. Humidifiers. Though spring is coming, the dry weather will stick around in many climates for a little while yet. Plus, allergy season is kicking in. So scour those shelves or search online for a marked-down humidifier. Drugstores are great for those simple, cheap steam vaporizers. If you have hard water, though, just remember to de-scale the elements with a vinegar solution about once a month.