Who needs a vacation when you can hit the mall and save? You can make a splash at the sales counter in June, if you know where the deals are. (Hint: “splash” means swimming. See our list below). Okay…I’d prefer a vacation – but pinching pennies will help me save for it.
Score on lower priced swimwear
1. Yep – June is a great month to score deals on swimwear.
Bathing suits have a very short selling season in most locales. They appear around April, and they’re cleared out by July to make room for fall clothes. So June is the time to enjoy a still-good selection and lower prices – and you’ll still have the whole summer to show off that bikini or those swim trunks.
2. On a related note, it’s a great month to get a bargain on a gym membership, so you can get in (or stay in) shape to look good in your new bathing suit.
A lot of people skip gyms in the summer, so pay a visit to your local fitness center and do some haggling. Maybe get them to lower their price, give you a free month, or a free personal training session.
3. Whether you’re working out at the gym or exercising in the fresh air, you can enjoy savings on sports gear for off-season sports.
4. For, ahem, indoor use, June is great month for lingerie sales.
Victoria’s Secret has their Semi-Annual Sale.
5. For the guys, think drills, saws and every other kind of manly tool or gadget.
After all June is Father’s Day month, so you can find some deep discounts. Try our Ace Hardware coupon. Just don’t expect Dad to fix the toilet on Father’s Day. Give the poor guy a break!
6. Need to swap the tool belt for a suit?
Again, “dads and grads” are the reason for great deals on sharp threads in June.
Of course, June is famous as a wedding month. Actually, fall is just as big for weddings these days, but don’t tell that to the department stores. Look for great specials on china, dishware and dining accessories. Now is the time to replace that broken gravy boat!
8. And would you believe June is Dairy Month? Why is it Dairy Month?
I don’t know, other than the National Dairy Council decided to proclaim it. Check your local grocery store for special prices on yogurt, cheese and ice cream. And you can get some dairy recipes from the National Dairy Council.
Photo credit via Flickr (queenBlingerie, ivywoodavenue, architekt2, Steve Rhodes, pferriola, brennuskrux, MNicoleM, Mark J P)